Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or queries you may have - we would be happy to hear from you.
- "health information" refers to information or an opinion about the physical health of a person or disability of a person;
- "personal information" refers to information or an opinion (including health information and sensitive information) about a person whose identify is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion; and
- "sensitive information" refers to information about a person's professional or trade membership, criminal record and health information.
Purposes for Collecting Information
Affirm Software only collects personal information about a person to the extent that this is necessary for one or more of the following purposes:
- to provide Affirm Software's services including billing for the provision of the services;
- to market, advertise or otherwise promote Affirm Software's services;
- to improve Affirm Software's services;
- to provide general information about Affirm Software's services;
- to undertake market research in relation to Affirm Software's existing and potential future services;
- to monitor use of Affirm Software’s website (“Website”); and
- to comply with taxation, occupational health and safety laws, and any other applicable laws.
Affirm Software only collects health information and other sensitive information about a person with their consent unless Affirm Software is otherwise permitted to collect the information under the Privacy Act or Health Records Act. If the personal information requested by Affirm Software for the provision of a service is not provided then Affirm Software may not be able to provide the requested service.
Types of Information Collected
The types of personal information which Affirm Software may collect and hold for the purposes outlined above include, without limitation, a person's name, address, telephone number, facsimile number, email address, credit card information, occupation, job title, employer's name and address, and information required to be provided to Affirm Software by a person when using Affirm Software's services.
Means of Collecting Information
Affirm Software may collect personal information in a variety of different ways including, without limitation: over the Internet using its Website, email or another form of electronic communication; over the telephone or facsimile; on forms, questionnaires or surveys; or person to person.
Affirm Software may collect de-identified information through the use of its Website, including the dates and times a person accesses its Website, the domains from which a person visits its Website, a person's activity on its Website and Internet Protocol addresses. This information is sometimes called "click stream data".
Affirm Software may use this data to analyse trends and statistics in order to improve its Website and Affirm Software's services. Affirm Software collects this data through the use of various technologies, including "cookies".
A cookie is a text file that Affirm Software’s Website sends to the browser used by a person which is then stored on the person's computer as an anonymous tag that identifies that person's computer, but not the person, to Affirm Software. A person can set their browser to disable cookies. However, some parts of Affirm Software’s Website may not function properly if cookies are disabled.
Some pages on Affirm Software’s Website and emails created by its Website may also contain a "web beacon". A web beacon is a clear-pixel image which enables Affirm Software to monitor a person's Internet activity. When an individual views a page that contains a web beacon, a de-identified notice of the visit is generated which may be processed by Affirm Software. A web beacon usually works in conjunction with a cookie. If you disable cookies, a web beacon will be able to generate an anonymous notice of the visit but which cannot be associated with the information contained in the cookies.
Information Use and Disclosure
Affirm Software will not use or disclose for a secondary purpose any personal information about a person that Affirm Software collects other than the primary purpose of collection without the person's consent unless:
- the secondary purpose is related to the primary purpose (directly related if health information or other sensitive information) and the person would reasonably expect Affirm Software to use or disclose the information for that secondary purpose; or
- the use or disclosure is otherwise permitted under the Privacy Act or Health Records Act.
By using Affirm Software’s Website a person will be deemed to consent to Affirm Software using and disclosing their personal information for the purposes specified above in the section "Purposes for Collecting Information".
By using Affirm Software’s Website a person will also be deemed to consent to Affirm Software processing and storing their personal information on servers operated by Affirm Software or its service providers.
In providing services Affirm Software may need to disclose personal information about a person to Affirm Software's client with whom the person has entered into or intends to enter into a contract, the person's agents and representatives and Affirm Software's service providers assisting in the provision of Affirm Software's services including, without limitation, Affirm Software's faxing service provider and credit card processing service provider.
Affirm Software will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information which Affirm Software holds from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Where considered appropriate by Affirm Software, Affirm Software will use encryption when storing personal information, implement account auditing and access control procedures and comply with relevant industry standards for the protection of personal information.
When using Affirm Software's Website a person should be aware that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. Although Affirm Software strives to protect such information including, without limitation, through the use of strong data encryption where considered appropriate by Affirm Software, Affirm Software does not warrant the security of any information transmitted over the Internet
By using Affirm Software’s Website a person accepts that their information will be transmitted to and from its Website at their own risk.
Access, Correction and Further Information
Affirm Software will provide a person with access to their personal information which is held by it unless Affirm Software is permitted under the Privacy Act or Health Records Act to refuse to provide such access.
Affirm Software will take reasonable steps to correct personal information held by Affirm Software that is not accurate, complete and up to date or that is irrelevant or misleading.
A person may contact Affirm Software's Privacy Officer using the contact details below if they require:
- access to any of their personal information held by Affirm Software (where they cannot obtain such access using its Website);
- correction of any of their personal information held by Affirm Software that they consider is not accurate, complete and up to date or is irrelevant or misleading (where they cannot make such correction through its Website); or
- further details or a complaint dealt with about the way that Affirm Software handles personal information.
Privacy Officer's Contact Details
Affirm Software's Privacy Officer may be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
by telephone on +61 3 9029 2907, or by mail to:
Affirm Software Group
343 Little Collins Street
MELBOURNE VICTORIA AUSTRALIA 3000